Adbrite

Search Here

Sep 9, 2009

I took to drugs because of my dad: Kelly Osbourne



Singer Kelly Osbourne, daughter of rocker Ozzy Osbourne, revealed that after seeing her father surviving in spite of drugs and alcohol addiction, she also decided to indulge.

"I think, to be honest with you, the way that I looked at it when I was really young was `well, Dad`s still alive...I can do it too` and when I look at it now, I think `my god, why did I put myself through that?`....why didn`t I just ask for help? why didn`t I just be honest with how miserable I really was?"

"But I was afraid to because when you`re 17 and the entire world is looking at you and your mum`s got cancer and my dad`s in hospital on life support, I didn`t know how to cope and didn`t know what I was doing. I did turn to drugs and it wasn`t the smartest thing at all because it destroyed my life," mirror.co.uk quoted Kelly as saying.

Kelly was speaking on a talk show to promote her new book `Fierce`. She said that it wasn`t a traditional autobiography.

"It`s not an autobiography but it has autobiographical qualities because I couldn`t tell people not to do something or to do something if I can`t say why I know not to do it. It would be really hypocritical if I did that so I made such an effort to be just as honest as I possibly could.

"It`s called `Fierce` because it`s targeted at young women and fierce can mean so many different things, it can mean something is great, something is bad, it can be scary, it can be fantastic and it sums it all up."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Save

Bookmark and Share