Adbrite

Search Here

Sep 3, 2009

If not an actor, Shah Rukh would have been a Man U player!

For all those who know Shah Rukh Khan as the eternal lover boy of Bollywood, there’s news! It’s been revealed that before becoming an actor, Shah Rukh was just another Delhi lad who was an Economics student of Delhi University’s Hans Raj College, and always dreamt of joining the London School of Economics.

Talking to a news daily recently, the actor reminisced about his college days and said that he used to spend endless hours outside Kirori Mal College hoping that one fine day he will become as famous as Amitabh Bachchan!

Shah Rukh maintained, “I was very fond of Economics. I got 72 percent marks and I personally think that was a good enough percentage. Post Hans Raj, I wanted to join the London School of Economics but that didn’t happen. But I tell all the people I meet to read and write as much as they can. I tell my kids – Aryan and Suhana– to read a lot, as it is studying and acquiring more knowledge all the time that helps one in the long run.”

A nostalgic Shah Rukh added, “I remember going to the canteen but I have to admit that I wasn’t very social in college. But I do miss going to the canteen. I also miss my co-students and the hostellers’ fights. I was a keen sportsperson
aur main bahut khelta tha. My favourite sport was football. I have fond memories of my bike too.”

Speaking his love for acting, SRK said that it was during his college days where he developed keen interest in acting as, “I remember, my friends and I used to go and stand outside Kirori Mal College. We used to stand there for hours and look at the building, its gate and at the students going in and out of the college and say, ‘
Kaash koi humein bhi, Amit ji ki tarah filmon mein kaam de de.’”

When solicited what would he have been if not an actor, an amused SRK said, “Either been a teacher or a Manchester United player – I know that for a fact!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Save

Bookmark and Share