Adbrite

Search Here

Aug 10, 2009

Akshay Kumar to work with Vishal Bharadwaj

Vishal Bharadwaj (inset), Akshay Kumar

If all goes well, the star of the moment Akshay Kumar will soon work with director of moment Vishal Bharadwaj. The duo recently met to discuss the script just before Akshay fly back to London and the actor liked whatever he heard.

Vishal is a kind of director anybody would like to work with. He is known for his offbeat yet entertaining films Maqbool, Omkara. Incidentally, Vishal was also keen to work with Akshay from quite long time before Maqbool.

Akshay said, “Vishal did come to me and we’ve spoken. Let’s see what happens. I’d love to work with him. His films are so real yet entertaining.Kaminey is looking good.”

After doing number of entertaining films, seems like Akshay is trying his hand with something different to put weight on his profile. “I don’t believe in (differentiating) between commercial and off beat cinema. I also don’t think we can compartmentalize films into good or bad films. What works at the box-office is a good film. What gets rejected is obviously not good enough,” says Akshay.

But what scares the actor is not understanding the commercial things of films. “What scares me more than anything else is to make the wrong choices. And who knows what those wrong choices are? I’d love to work with Vishal Bharadwaj and Imtiaz Ali,” he adds.

Despite Vishal, Akshay is keen to work with Imtiaz Ali. The actor took time off from his shooting schedule to watch the director’s latest venture Love Aaj Kal. He like the film and performances by Saif and Deepika. With his take on Deepika, Akshay says, “I’m working with Deepika right now here in London forHousefull. I’ve done a film with her earlier (Chandni Chowk to China) and I can see the growth in her as an actress. This girl will go very far.”

Wife Twinkle and son Aarav were accompanying Akshay on the sets of the filmin London, but they left for India on Sunday for the sake of Aarav’s school. “I’d have liked them to stay but Aarav’s school reopens on Monday (today). I’ve made one promise to myself. He won’t miss school to be with me on my outdoor shoots,” concludes Akshay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Save

Bookmark and Share