Adbrite

Search Here

Aug 10, 2009

Akshay to Promote Martial Arts in India

Akshay Kumar

Action hero Akshay Kumar will promote martial arts in India now. Expert in Martial Arts, Akki is sponsoring a martial arts tournament Akshay Kumar Invitational according to sources. The invitational karate championship will be the first of its kind in the country.

The idea came in the existence when Akshay Kumar nodded to promote it. Shihan Mehul Vora, karate instructor since 27 year and an international teacher since 15 years, was dreaming it from quite a long time no sponsor was getting. But now Akki as promoter the competition will see 2000 fighter with international level coaches, referees and judges.

Akshay currently in London, shooting for Sajid Nadiadwala’s Housefull is excited about the championship. “I owe everything to martial arts,” he said.

“My passion for the art goes back early teens when I went to Bangkok to master in it. My father was keen that I learn martial arts when I was nine. Even today, I practice for two hours. Martial arts are not about violence and fighting, but the power to change the life,” added he.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share/Save

Bookmark and Share